3.15.2011

my go to dinner = it's quick


i don't know about you, but it seems like my days are getting shorter and shorter. i know that we recently just had our time change her in so cal., but it does seem like it is helping me out. i feel like my days are rushed, i don't get everything i want to done, and worst of all dinner keeps sneaking up on me. it's seems as though i have just finished giving my kiddo's lunch and then, bam it's dinner time. maybe my days are crammed with too much stuff. i'm not sure, but i definitely need to sit down and re-evaluate my days and schedule. until then i will share with you my all time fastest, tastiest meal to prepare when those days just get ahead of me. it's nothing fancy or gourmet and by all means i am certainly not a chef, but this one is so simple anyone can prepare it. here it is...


Chicken Sausage with Peppers and Onion

i know it's a pretty fancy title, but don't be intimidated. here's what i do. i buy a package of fully cooked, sweet italian chicken sausage, a pack of green bell peppers, a pack of red bell peppers, and an red onion. i then slice everything up. i put a tablespoon or so of olive oil in the skillet and add the sausage first. i let it get a little brown and then add the rest of the ingredients. i let it cook for 15- 20 minutes or until everything is just the way i like it and i serve it over brown rice. it's really good. it's a hit in my home and it's faster and healthier than me hopping in my car to go through some drive - thru. and that my friends, is my quick go to dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment